Friday 12 April 2019

Analytical /Critical Reflection

It has finally come to the end of the trimester and it is about time to wrap up this effective communication module. The activities and assignments that were given during the lessons were helpful in providing me with the tools needed to improve my writing and presentation skills. At the start of the module, I set myself with two goals. The goals were to improve the way I write and to improve my presentation skills. I am glad to have been able to achieve these personal goals of mine. However, I do realise that this module has been structured in a way to briefly introduce the different communication skills and the rushed trimester curriculum does not allow for a more in-depth look of the different types of communication methods.  Therefore, I realise that the content we learn during this module is for us to continue to use, learn and explore even after we are done with this trimester. On a personal level, I do feel that what we learn in the effective communication module is an extremely important skill to be used in school and especially in the working world.

The main highlight of this whole module would definitely be the report writing. It was a pleasure to have worked with my fellow teammates. Each of them has their own strengths and weaknesses and it all compliments one another. The way our team worked was to divide the different research topics individually and then come together to compile the various research topics together. I was the one who compiled everything and did the amendments to ensure the report had a smooth flow. We agreed this was the most suitable working style due to our busy schedules.

This method of working was a rather new experience for me. Honestly, throughout the trimester, the only time the group met for discussion was during lesson time. The only time we met outside of lesson time was a week prior to the submission of the report.  This was unavoidable as we all had a hectic school schedule. Having said that, to make up for our lack of physical meet-ups, there had to be a coordinator, which was me, to delegate the different tasks for each team member to complete by a stipulated dateline. I am happy that my teammates are good team players and we completed the report without any problems. From this, I learn that having good communication with other people is equally as important as having good writing skills. I would definitely remember this when I enter the working world.

Another highlight of the module would be the presentation showcase. It was enjoyable to be able to see our fellow course mates take the stage and present their creative ideas to the whole course. Although my team did not make it to this stage, we did have a fruitful experience watching the different teams present. Personally, perhaps due to my biasness, I feel that the team ‘energy savers’ was the best as they did a splendid job in engaging the audience. The ‘starfish’ opening by Nurul was great as it really pulled in the attention of the audience to the topic of their presentation. Their presentation slides were also clear and concise, and I felt engaged throughout their whole presentation. Overall, it was a good experience,

Thinking back, I am certain that this module has been a fruitful experience. I'd like to thank Mr Blackstone for his guidance throughout the entire trimester and to all my peers for making the classes absolutely engaging. 

Signing out for the last time,
Alfian

ADIOS AMIGOS

Team PV SCOOTERS SDN BHD with Mr Blackstone

CVE group 4 2018/2019

Commented on Lu Sheng, Jordon and Aufal

6 comments:

  1. Dear Alfian,

    I do agree that everyone had an enjoyable time under the guidance of Mr Blackstone. I am glad that you have gained so much from Effective Communication and it was great that you managed to bring the team together despite the team dynamics.

    Looking forward to better communication with you.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being an amazing leader! I do agree with you that having good communications with your team is vital in the working environment. In fact, for life.

    Well done and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alfian,

    I am happy for your learning in effective communication. It was my pleasure reading your blog posts for the past 13 weeks. Keep up the good work!

    Cheers,
    Lu Sheng

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Alfian, for this comprehensive, detailed reflection, and for your great effort throughout this term. I really appreciate how much you have done for your project team in terms of guidance and for the class group as a whole in terms of modeling curiosity and dedication. It was a pleasure working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scooter includes conventional bike design. For instance, it has variable throttle which is responsive in increasing the speed which in turn improves its general performance. Get more information about electric scooter world click here now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the post, you will discover the very best electric scooter for your requirements. The people that are able to ensure it is uphill on their electric scooters will nonetheless discover that electric scooters don't deal with the hills very well. For more information on electric scooter world visit this site right here.

    ReplyDelete