Tuesday 2 April 2019

Mapletree Challenge reflection


The Mapletree forum was a unique experience as it shows me a broader perspective of sustainability faced by the industry leaders. The invited panellists are at the forefront of the innovative change and thrives in the industry.

This forum has made realise that the road to success would require a proper mindset and the ability to overcome any obstacles that come in our way. Having said that, as a young undergraduate, there are still many things to learn and many more mistakes that we would make before we can ever aspire to be like the panellists on stage. The knowledge they possess and their success stories have been possible after countless times of failure and only from these failures will learning be made possible.

The tips given by the panellists have inspired me to reconciliate the future of entrepreneurship. On a personal level, it is a daunting thing, as this would require me to step into the unknown. However, after listening to what all the panellist has to say, I am confident to say that I would consider giving it a try. Afterall, the path to success is a long and tough journey, and failure is bound to happen.

Eugene, one of the panellist mentioned that having a product that has an appeal to an intended audience and the support of the government is important for young entrepreneurs. I think that this is an important step to think about when starting out.


This forum has inspired me to rethink my goal in my university life, whether I should just complete my degree, or perhaps try to explore the possibility of entrepreneurship. This would require connections and the will to try new things. I am certain that this path would lead me to a brighter future, with the chance to spark a positive change in the industry. 


Commented on

-Baizurah
-Akram
-Domenic

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Alfian, for the detailed revoew of the forum. I'm glad you became inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alfian,

    Thank you for sharing your future plan as a university student. Hope that you have all the passion and motivation you need to become a successful entrepreneur.

    Regards,
    Yong Xing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alfian,

    Given the adventurous character you have, I believe that you would probably take a different career path from most of us. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to seeing you achieve great things in the near future.

    Best regards,
    Jordon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alfian,

    Pursue what you feel that is best for you and makes you happy. I wish you all the best in your future endeavor and i believe that you will excel in whichever field you are in.

    Regards,
    Javier

    ReplyDelete